For sabut masale:
- 2 chotti elaichi (green cardamom)
- 1 moti elaichi (brown cardamom)
- 1 inch stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 3 laung (cloves)
- 1 tej patta (bay leaf)
- 1 med sized chicken (800 gm) cut into 8-12 pieces
- 1 cup curd (thick)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped or slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 2 dry red chillies, broken up
- 3 large onions, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves)
Marinate chicken in curd and salt. Keep aside 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Reduce flame and add broken chilies, chopped onions and all the sabut masalas. Stir fry on med till onions are golden brown.
Add chopped ginger and garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat and add green chilies, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix all these ingredients.
Add tomatoes and stir fry till oil separates or tomatoes get soft.
Add chicken. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes on moderate flame and then lower heat.
Cover and cook stirring occasionally till chicken is tender and masala coats chicken. Sprinkle some water in-between if needed.
Add kasoori methi and mix well.
Garnish with ginger sticks and coriander leaves. Now serve hot, it will taste better.